We all have the urge to snack. We all have the urge to satisfy those cravings. Whether it’s the crunch of a salty potato chip, the carbonation of a soda, or the gooey-ness of a chocolate brownie, we all endure those strong cravings.
When managing weight loss, cravings can be the deteriorator of our goals. It’s important we stay strong and fight those urges to develop a healthy lifestyle. Finding a way to conquer those urges can be just what you need to have the life you want.
It’s time to face those urges and Options Medical Weight Loss has just the tips for you:
- Don’t buy the foods you crave: It’s easy to let our urges win when the food we want to eat is in our vicinity. If you don’t buy that bag of chips, you won’t feel tempted to eat them.
- Sleep, Sleep, Sleep: Did you know you are less likely to succumb to cravings if you go to bed at a decent time? Going to bed earlier can help decrease your urges and unfasten those nightly cravings.
- Eat your protein: Studies show that when you don’t eat enough protein, you’re more prone to stronger cravings. Eating more protein will reduce your urges and keep you full longer.
- Find an alternative: Our everyday lives are busy, there’s no doubt about that. So, within our routines, it’s easy to grab a quick, unhealthy snack. However, it’s time to quit that habit and find a healthier alternative to your daily eating routines. Swap potato chips for kale chips!
- Be kind and remind yourself: Use positive self-talk. Remind yourself of your goals and what you are working so hard for. But remember, be positive! Be kind to your body and mind.
- Journal: Not only does self-talk work, but journaling about your day can help avoid the cravings and remind yourself of what goal you are working towards. You can also keep a food log (with a healthy and positive mindset) to remind yourself of a yummy, healthy snack, or meal ideas.
Weight loss is possible, conquering food urges and cravings is possible. You can do anything you set your mind too. Even with life stressors, these helpful tips from Options Medical Weight Loss, Naperville, will help you battle those urges.
Good luck!Leave a reply