It is crucial for our bodies to move regularly. Even gentle movements can have tremendous benefits for your body, mind, and soul when performed consistently with a purpose. In this article, we will discuss some of the best options for gentle exercises. It’s best to find a few activities like the ones we will discuss to add to your weekly routine. Regular movement can give our bodies a boost and promote circulation, stimulate endorphins, and start to make slow transitions away from bad habits.
Benefits of Exercise:
Exercise, even small and stress-free exercises, can be a little difficult to make a habit and commit to. Some of that lack of commitment could be a lack of understanding. We have all heard that exercise is good for us, but do we really know how? What are some of the benefits of exercise?
Well, for starters exercise kick starts your metabolism, so your body will burn fat all day long. It also builds up your muscle mass. Did you know that muscle burns fat? It sounds wild but the more muscles you have the more fat you are burning. Exercise also clears the mind and boosts your mood. Success will always start and end with your mindset and having a clear mind and steady focus will get you exactly where you need to be in every aspect of your life. It also brings fresh blood and oxygen to your organs and supports your overall health and wellness. When we exercise, it also motivates us to eat better. When you have put so much time and energy into exercise, you don’t want to create your own setbacks by eating foods that do not allow us to reap the full benefits of your exercises.
9 Gentle Exercises for Weight Loss & Wellness:
Now that we understand some of the many benefits of exercise, it’s time to figure out which gentle exercises we can add to our routines.
- Walking – Walking can be a great start to regular exercise. Just walking for 30 minutes every day can make a big difference. If you can’t walk for 30 minutes at one time right now, start by breaking it up into 2 or 3 walks throughout the day.
- Stretching – Simple stretches every day can promote blood flow and release tension in your muscles, improving your life and relieving pain.
- Tai Chi or Qi Gong – These traditional Asian martial arts are gentle practices that can be very beneficial for your body, while also clearing the mind and helping us focus. Watching the sunrise or sunset while practicing these at home can be the perfect way to begin or end the day.
- Essentrics – This program is perfect for everyone because there is always an exercise for anyone. It combines dynamic strengthening and stretches that work for anyone. Workouts are available on public television and at essentrics.com.
- Four Minute Workout – The four-minute workout is exactly how it sounds… a workout that is only four minutes long. Because of how quick it is, it can be done several times a day throughout the day and is easy to complete anywhere you are or what you’re wearing. See Zach Bush, MD Four Minute Workout on YouTube.
- Dancing – We all love the dance, and all dances have health benefits because it gets the blood pumping and improves coordination. Salsa, tango, ballroom, jazz, hip hop, square dancing, ecstatic movement. Any form of dancing can be a fun way to get your body moving. Choose the dance that will help you express your emotions and crank up that music!
- Yoga – Yoga is well known as a gentle and restorative exercise. It can still challenge you while stretching and lengthening your muscles. And with its popularity, there are many ways to take classes including in-person or online.
- Water Aerobics – Playing in the pool can be a fun and relaxing activity, but water aerobics can keep that fun while targeting specific exercises. It is low-impact and can be enjoyed at the local community pool, or if you have one at home it can be in the comfort of your own space.
- Swimming – in addition to water aerobics, swimming is excellent for your cardiovascular health and low impact on your joints.
Regular exercise is important and essential to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle. You don’t have to start by jumping headfirst into intense workouts and strength training. Just by making small changes and adding new healthy habits, you can begin to build that foundation for a new and healthier lifestyle. Be patient and give yourself grace as you begin this new journey. Stick to your program to lose weight, and as time goes on you will see the rewards and benefits from making even the smallest of changes and shifts.
If you would like additional resources as you work to lose weight, contact us today! Here at Options Medical Weight Loss in Chandler AZ, we want to help you achieve your body goals and regain your confidence.Leave a reply