Gathering Personal Data
Our Practice gathers specific personal information, including but not limited to your e-mail, name, home/work addresses, and phone number. We also collect non-specific demographic data like ZIP code, age, gender, and other general interests.
Additionally, certain data about your device and browser is automatically logged by our website, such as IP address, browser type, domain names, access durations, and referral URLs. Such data aids in site management, ensuring service quality, and gathering usage statistics.
Note: Disclosing personal or sensitive information on public forums linked to this website could make it accessible to others. We urge you to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of sites you visit from our platform, as their data handling might differ from ours.
Utilization of Personal Data
Our Practice uses your details to manage the site and provide requested services. We might also keep you informed about other offerings from our Practice or associated entities. Occasionally, we may reach out for feedback on our services or to understand potential service interests.
We do not trade, lease, or rent out our customer databases. Trusted third-party partners might have access to this data for purposes like statistical analysis, sending emails, customer service, or delivery arrangements. These entities are bound by confidentiality agreements.
Without your explicit approval, we refrain from using or sharing sensitive personal information such as race, religion, or political affiliations. However, in certain legal circumstances, we might be obliged to disclose personal details.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Our site uses “cookies” to enhance your user experience. These small text files, stored on your computer by our server, cannot introduce malicious software. Assigned uniquely to you, they’re readable only by the issuing domain.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Reach Out to Us
For any queries, contact us at 1888-405-LOSE or at 4301 4th St. North Corp Suite #1, St. Petersburg, FL 33703.
Our Practice is dedicated to safeguarding your medical information in line with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. This federal law ensures the confidentiality and security of healthcare information and provides patients with significant rights regarding their health records.
Options Medical Weight Loss upholds its’ duty to protect your privacy. Under HIPAA we are required to provide the Notice of Privacy Practices. This notice goes over how your protected health information (PHI) may be used and your rights to protect it.
The Notice of Privacy Practices is subject to change, at any given time. All changes will reflect on this page and will be accessible to anyone who has access to internet connection. Upon your request, we can provide you with an electronic or paper copy.
Protected Health Information (PHI)
Under HIPAA, Protected Health Information (PHI) refers to any information, whether oral, written, or electronic, that relates to an individual’s past, present, or future physical or mental health, the provision of healthcare, or payment for healthcare. Our Practice collects and stores this data with the utmost security and discretion.
Use and Disclosure of PHI
We use and disclose PHI for standard healthcare operations, treatment, and payment activities. Any other disclosure, not covered by this policy, will be made only with written consent. We may also disclose PHI in circumstances as required by law, such as for public health purposes, reporting abuse or neglect, or to federal officials for lawful intelligence and national security activities.
We may use and disclose your protected health information for marketing activities. For example, your name and address may be used to send you a newsletter about our practice and the services we offer. We may also send you information about products or services that we believe may be beneficial to you. If you prefer to opt out of these may contact [email protected]
Patient Rights Under HIPAA
Patients have the right to:
- Access and obtain a copy of their PHI.
- Request amendments if they believe there are inaccuracies.
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures.
- Receive a list of instances where we have disclosed their PHI without consent.
- Choose how we communicate with them about medical matters.
- File a complaint if they believe their privacy rights have been violated.
Electronic Health Records (EHR)
In line with the advancements in healthcare, we maintain Electronic Health Records (EHR). While ensuring swift and coordinated care, EHRs are protected with rigorous security protocols.
Updates in HIPAA Compliance
We regularly review our policies and practices to ensure they align with changes in the law, including the HITECH Act. Patients will be informed of any significant amendments.
Contact for HIPAA Queries
If you have any questions regarding our HIPAA policies or if you feel your rights under HIPAA have been violated, please contact our HIPAA department at [email protected]