Overweight individuals who successfully lose weight and keep it off can reduce the risk of heart disease. Some people prefer to lose weight on their own, while others seek the support and guidance of a structured weight loss program. However, there are some crucial questions to ask when finding a program that is right for you.
Questions to Ask When Looking At Weight Loss Programs
- Does this weight loss program offer counseling in order to change your eating habits?
The program you select should have the ability to teach you how to permanently change your eating habits and general lifestyle. Working with expert health coaches can be a huge advantage to starting a healthier lifestyle.
- Is there a variety of medical professionals on staff?
When you embark on your weight loss journey, it is important to be examined by a physician to know whether there may be any underlying health conditions that could hinder your weight loss. If you plan on losing more than 15 to 20 pounds, it is also important to be under medical supervision. This much weight loss can be a shock to the body and drastically change how it functions. Healthy weight loss is absolutely crucial to your weight loss journey.
- Is there training available on how to combat old habits?
Habits are hard to break, and it can take a lot of effort and training. This is why a weight loss program should offer training on how to combat these old habits and sudden cravings so you don’t lose your progress.
- Is there an emphasis on maintaining your weight loss?
A weight loss program should not only help you lose weight but keep the weight off. No amount of weight loss will matter if you gain it all right back. So the program you choose should also care about the maintenance of your weight loss after you have reached your goals.
- Are your diet choices flexible?
There are so many allergies and restrictions when it comes to food, so therefore a weight loss program should be flexible when it comes to your food and diet options. Having a flexible diet will help build your healthy habits.
- Are the weight loss goals established by the client or the staff?
When it comes to your body and weight loss, it is up to you to establish the goals you have in mind for your weight loss as well as your general lifestyle change.
In addition to these questions, there are more questions you can ask when seeking a weight loss program. You may not necessarily get the answers to these questions, but it never hurts to ask.
- On average, what is the percentage of individuals that complete the program?
- Among individuals who complete the program, what is the average weight loss?
- How many individuals experience side effects, and what side effects are there?
- Are there additional costs or fees for extra items like dietary supplements or pills?
With all of these questions in mind, we encourage you to reach out to research Options Medical Weight Loss. Located here in Orland Park IL, we are ready and prepared to guide you on your weight loss journey. Our weight loss program is supervised by medical professionals to ensure a healthy and safe change to your lifestyle and support along the way. Contact us today for more information.